Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Santa Visit and Christmas Recap

Well, I've been home today with a sweet girl who has had what appears to be a little tummy bug.  She took an excellent nap, and seems to be feeling better, so I thought I would use the time to finally get that Christmas post in. 

We had our annual visit with Santa, and luckily with my friend's connection, we were still spared from having to brave the mall lines to see Santa, and he actually paid a visit to our house.  Casey wasn't too sure about the big guy, but she did sit in his lap and allow him to hold her for a few pictures by the tree.  I can't say that she was willing to do so with a smile, but there weren't any tears, so we will take what we can get!

Then, we dared another road trip (even though I thought I would never attempt it again after last spring break's trip to Wisconsin), and headed to Memphis to spend Christmas with my extended family.  We had a great Christmas, and Casey did get the hang of opening presents, but she did not understand why they kept immediately being taken away.  She demanded we "Open dis!" when every present was opened, sometimes before all the paper was even torn off.  It was so cute to see her excitement though for every gift, even if it did take a while before all her gifts were finally opened. Overall, Casey did great on the car ride, even if we did allow her to watch a little too much Caillou, Daniel Tiger, and Olivia along the way.  All I can say is I have never been more grateful for a piece of technology as I was for the iPad on that trip.  It kept her happy and entertained, and therefore kept us all happy.  On the return trip, we made it back with 2% iPad battery left.  I was dreading the meltdown that was sure to occur if the battery died, so we were breathing a sigh of relief when we finally pulled into the driveway. 

We ended Christmas break with her acquiring yet another ear infection, and it did slow her down for a few days, but thankfully she seemed to recover pretty fast after a couple days of antibiotics.  It was truly a great Christmas, and we were so blessed to spend it with family as we watched our girl experience the magic of Christmas!

I'll leave you with pictures of her 3rd Christmas!

 Waiting on Santa
 
 All smiles for now.
 
 When is this Santa guy going to get here?
 
 So much cuteness
 
 Not too sure about Santa
 
 She decided she could brave giving him five
 
 "Nope, I changed my mind!"
 
 He lured her back with some reindeer food.
 
 So she decided maybe she could trust him
 
 Very serious about Santa
 
 She was impressed with his bells though.
 
 But she still wasn't willing to give up a smile.
 
 Showing Santa where her stocking was hung.
 

 "I'm outta here, and I'm taking your bells with me."
 
 Love this one!
 
 "These bells make a pretty nice necklace"
 
 He convinced her to come back and look at his scrapbook, but she was keeping her distance.
 
 Showing Santa her favorite ornament.
 
 Still not sure about this guy!
 
 She begrudgingly gave him a hug.
 
 Got his nose!
 
 Santa showing her where his sleigh would land.
 
Christmas morning!  Ready to check out what Santa brought!  She woke up in the worst mood ever, but did warm up a bit when she realized presents had arrived.
 
 Her loot!
 
 Shoes!
 
 The glass slippers that Santa brought were definitely one of the biggest hits!
 
 And of course a "Caillou" book!
 
 Christmas night!
 
 She was over the pictures!
 
 Got one action shot before she could escape!
 
I just adore the pure joy on her face when she opened each gift!
 
Christmas 2013, 2012, and 2011
 
 Our Christmas Card.  We hope everyone had a great Christmas!
 
 One of these days I really will post the rest of these pictures from our summer vacations (I'm only 6 months behind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment