Tuesday, April 15, 2014

26 weeks and 5 days

Well, we made it to the big milestone!  As of 5:09 p.m., I am officially the most pregnant than I have ever been.  Today marks the point in my pregnancy with Casey when I actually delivered (5 days after my labor started), and so far my doctors are happy with my progress.  As of now, my high risk doctor expects I will deliver around 38 weeks, and I'm continuing to take weekly shots of progesterone to help ensure that I make it as long as possible.  Our baby boy is looking healthy and he is growing well (he has maintained growth around the 85th percentile), and was already weighing 2 pounds 3 ounces at my appointment last week.  By now, he should have exceeded Casey's birth weight of 2 pounds 6 ounces.  If I make it to full term, my doctor estimates that he will be close to 9 pounds, and doesn't think it is at all related to my diabetes, and just that he is a big baby!  Overall, I've been feeling okay, but I think I can handle a bit of extra tiredness and some back pain and discomfort as long as it takes in order to keep this baby cooking!  Every day that I can remain pregnant means his prognosis only gets better, and we are hoping things continue to go well for the next 11 weeks (or longer)!  You would think if one had delivered a baby prematurely in the past, it would help motivate you to get the nursery set up well in advance the 2nd time around, but we have a ways to go (including getting the current occupant of said room moved into her own big girl room), so there is yet another reason we need this little guy to stay put for a while longer!

As for big sister, we talk about the baby quite a bit, but I don't think she really understands what a baby brother means.  At least not how much he is going to rock her world!  She is talking up a storm and almost non-stop these days, and I've been jotting down some of my favorite Casey stories to document.  Here is a glimpse into our daily lives and the funny things this crazy girl says:

 
1. We were driving one afternoon, and Casey started yelling from the backseat that "I see the moon!" I was patting myself on the back that my genius child could spot the moon in broad daylight, until she said, "I hold it?"

2. Gigi and Grandaddy went out of town during Spring Break, and Casey kept asking about seeing them.  I guess she finally got fed up with my answer as to why she couldn't, and woke up one morning asking if "I go out of town, too?"

3. A month or so ago, Brian took Casey with him to Home Depot and they were being helped by an older gentleman.  Suddenly, Casey decided she recognized him and piped up, "Oh, hi Santa!"  Thankfully, he found it funny!

4. We have been working on potty training (without much progress I'm afraid), but she is very into the potty training accessories.  Somehow, she decided that pull-ups are actually called "hip-ups" and begs to wear them most days.  It is so stinking cute, that I don't have the heart to correct her.

5.  I've always known this girl was going to be a pistol, but I had proof the other day after she took her shoes off in the car.  I was teasing her that she had stinky feet, and after one too many teases, she finally snapped back with, "You have stinky feet, too!"  At not even three years old, she is already putting me in my place.

6. Casey is obsessed with looking at pictures and watching videos of herself.  Almost every time she sees my phone she tells me that, "I need another Casey!"  Endless entertainment!

7.  Brian was working in the yard the other day, and Casey was watching him from the window.  He was using a shovel to dig up some plants, and I guess she thought he was struggling with the task.  She yelled out to him "Can't do it, Daddy?"  She loves to point out our flaws, that is for sure!

8. We were walking through a parking lot the other day, and Casey had all the people around us laughing by yelling, "Stop it wind!" at the top of her lungs as it repeatedly blew her hair over her face.

9. When we attempted to leave my mom's house the other day, Casey had the meltdown of the century because she didn't want to leave "the beach."  Please note, this is the beach:

 
10. And my personal favorite: My mom took Brian's diaper bag to the church nursery the other day instead of the usual one. Casey's teacher was setting out each one of their diaper bags, and asked Casey if that one was hers. She replied, "That's Daddy's purse!"

And of course, here are a few pictures of our girl:

 Watching "T.B."

 Such a ham!
 
 Shopping for new patio furniture!
 
 I had a fever and wasn't feeling well a few Sundays ago, and Casey was entertaining herself by pulling every toy out of the playroom and hiding it behind the chair.  She was pretty proud of herself, but it kept her busy for much of the afternoon while I rested, so I couldn't really complain!
 
 A better view of the mess!
 

 I had an early doctor's appointment on the first day of Spring Break, and someone let me know she was not happy about getting up early!
 
 Baby elephants at the Ft. Worth Zoo!
 
 We haven't quite mastered cupcake eating yet!
 
 Casey is a big fan of panties, as long as they were outside of her clothes.  Can you tell she picked this outfit herself?
 
 I was cleaning out my closet, and Casey decided these things would look perfect on Sienna.  This sure didn't win her any points in Sienna's book!
 
 We are obsessed with the park.  Obsessed!
 
 She is also pretty crazy about this hat, and it does occasionally take a bit of convincing that it is no longer hat weather.  It's perfect for watching movies in though!
 
Wiped out!






No comments:

Post a Comment