Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summertime

Summer has officially begun, and I can't believe it is actually here!  Last week was pretty crazy with the end of school, and I always seem to forget how hectic those last few days are. I am really going to miss my sweet class from this year, but I can say the Sattler girls are definitely enjoying the extra sleep that comes with summertime.  Casey also had a few visitors last week, as my grandmother was in town and had not seen Casey since the last month she was in the hospital.  Casey has become so much more aware and active since then, and I think it is pretty safe to say that they were pretty crazy about each other.  She also got to meet her first Casey cousin, when Brian's cousin Ryan was also in town for the weekend. We are definitely not easing into our vacation with our visitors last week, and the 5 appointments scheduled between Casey and I this week, but things should calm down again soon. Right?  Yesterday, I had my latest check-up with my Endocrinologist, and it looks like with the end of pumping comes some big adjustments in my insulin requirements.  I also had the pleasure of getting on the scale for the first time in a while (I may have accidentally broken ours months ago when I unknowingly put a full laundry basket on top of it.  Oops!), and let's just say that today I began to get reacquainted with our treadmill.  It's been awhile (like since the day I found out I was pregnant), so it was time, but I have a feeling this whole getting back into shape thing is going to be less than fun.  The Doodle has also accompanied me on a few errands in the last few days, and after the oohing and ahhing about how adorable my child is, more than once I've been faced with the question I dread, "How old is she?"  I usually just go with her adjusted age, but inevitably the response is, "Oh, she is really small for almost 7 months." So far I've managed to just smile politely, but I know it is only a matter of time until I respond with, "If you only knew!" Gotta love small talk with strangers.


 Most of the time the fan is way more exciting to look at than Mommy with her camera again.


 Lounging

 We broke out her fancy clothes because Mimi was in town!

 Trying to coax a smile out of her

Got one!

 Loving her Mimi

Big smiles for her cousin Ryan

We have really been working on sitting up on her own, and she is getting close!

 She was mesmerized by the bouncing shapes on my iPad

 A ride in the car is almost a guaranteed nap for this girl

 Best friends holding hands

Always good to have a back-up paci on hand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment