Monday, February 27, 2012

We Survived

Well, we survived Mommy's first week back to work! Casey did really well with my mom, I made it through every day without any tears, and I even managed to get dinner on the table each night (not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed I cashed in our occasional pizza delivery night the week before because this mama was tired!).  It took some adjusting, but I think we are all figuring out our new schedule  (if only it didn't have to start at 5 am!).  I will admit that I was in bed before 9 pm on at least one night last week, and by lunchtime I was really missing my usual morning nap, but I think I did pretty well all things considered.  It was great to see my students, and I was ready for a routine that didn't revolve around feeding, sleeping, pumping, and crappy daytime tv.  Casey ate well for my mom (which was my biggest worry), and I have already come to the conclusion that Gigi is way more fun than I am.  I got tons of texts throughout the day of all the exciting things they were doing (which definitely made the days easier knowing she was happy and entertained).  At her Nutrition appointment we were very encouraged that she gained 7 ounces in 6 days, and her weight is now 11 pounds 13 ounces!  This was a huge relief after she only gained 6 ounces combined in the previous two weeks.  Our Speech Therapist came to work with my mom and showed her a few things to try when Casey fights the bottle (which is still a pretty frequent problem). Unfortunately, we have yet to see any major improvement from the reflux meds we started, and she is still having several big spit ups a week, which is pretty frustrating when you have just worked so hard to get the ounces down her.  We are encouraged though that the constipation problem has been much better recently, and we haven't needed to use prune juice in over a week.  This week she will have her next SST appointment, and even though she hasn't quite rolled over on her own yet, she is getting closer and closer!

As always, here are the latest pictures of our Doodlebug:

Loaded up for her first day with Gigi!

 I wanted to be sure you all got the full effect of what the previous picture didn't show. This is what I got to pack up in the car just to survive our first day (thankfully this is NOT what I have to take on a normal basis)

 Gorgeous girl!

The happiest baby in the world!

 "What's that you say?  I get to go to Gigi's house again today?  Happy Dance!"

 Check out those almost 12 pounder rolls!

 The best part of every morning is seeing this sweet smile!

 "Mom, why did you wake me up so early?"

 Big grins

 Good morning!

 One guess who dressed her in this ensemble today.  When questioned, Daddy said "What, yellow and blue go together." Umm, in this case I beg to differ babe!

 Check out that head control!

Casey's new favorite thing is to wiggle into the corner of her bed as quickly as possible.  No matter how many times we try to reposition her to the middle, this is the spot she always ends up in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment