Monday, August 6, 2012

Monkeying Around: 1st Birthday Bash

This weekend we celebrated Casey's 1st Birthday with an over the top Monkey Bash!  I might have gone just a little crazy with the details, but by now would you expect anything less from me?  After all we have been through this year, it was really important to me that we celebrate her first birthday in a big way with our family and friends that have been so supportive through it all.  Since I love a good project, I spent the last several weeks of nap times working on all the details.  It was a labor of love, but I have to say I was pretty pleased with how it all turned out. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate our sweet girl's big day!  Now, here's to her 2nd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese where someone else does all the work. Ha! Maybe by her 3rd birthday I'll be ready to do it all again. I can't end without a huge thanks to my friends Alicia and Courtney who helped me set up on Friday.  Alicia also spent Saturday helping me prep the food and ensuring everything was perfect.  Seriously, if you don't have an Alicia, you should get one (but you can't have mine because I keep her way too busy!).  



 The Mantle

 The Food

The Main Table

 The Cakes

 The Dessert Table

 
The Photo Banner

The Details

The Invitation


 The Birthday Girl

 Big Grins!

First Birthday Family Pic

 Casey with Mimi

 Casey and Grandpa

and Grandma

 and Aunt Kristen

 Getting ready to smash some cake

"Yay! I'm (Almost) One!" (My new favorite picture!)

 The Smash Cake (she liked playing in it, but had no interest in putting it in her mouth herself.  Mommy gave her a few tastes though!)


1 comment:

  1. You captured some precious moments :) Happy Birthday sweet Casey!

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete