Sunday, April 29, 2012

Slowly but Surely

Not a whole lot of news to report this week.  At her latest weigh-in, Casey gained 4 ounces over the last two weeks.  Slowly but surely she is continuing to gain, and her new weight was 14 pounds 2 ounces.  It isn't the big gain we would like to see, but our Dietitian isn't concerned considering the changes we have made recently by adding baby food to her diet.  Since spoon feeding is now a part of our regular routine, we have tried to be especially cautious about not continuing to feed her when she indicates that she is finished.  Our main concern now would be to create an oral aversion, and hinder her progress with baby food.  Casey has also continued to have more fussy moments than usual, and although it could just be teething, there have been a couple of occasions around meal time where I have actually questioned if our baby was cuing that she was hungry! (My baby actually wanting to eat?)  It would definitely be a step in the right direction!

All the latest Doodle cuteness:

 Baby got a new pair of shoes! (well technically my mom gave her these for Christmas, and  despite being labeled as newborn size, they finally fit her tiny feet!)

 I think purple may be this girl's color!

 Just chillin'

 "Will this woman ever quit taking my picture?"

 Cuteness!

 So happy!

 I was working on a project during nap time and Brian was gone for the day, and I guess Porter was feeling a bit neglected. He decided if we weren't available, he would just curl up next to Casey.

 The Doodle's first masterpiece!  This is the iPad art she created today.  (She really did do it all herself, I just helped change the color a few times)

And because I know you all enjoy "Angela is a natural blonde" stories, Brian informs me when I got home from running errands that he really didn't appreciate my humor with the mac n' cheese he had for lunch. Apparently, I was a bit more thrown off than I realized when I walked in to Kroger the other day to find the store completely rearranged.  In my haste to get in and out quickly as I navigated the new store layout, I somehow managed to grab the "Madagascar" noodles instead of the standard ones.  Oops!  Guess it was good to ease him into the "kiddie" food we will be stocking our pantry with soon.



1 comment:

  1. You'll def. need the macaroni before you know it! (I hate to admit that my kiddo eats it on a daily basis.)
    She is just. too. cute. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before, but I can't get over how pretty she is!
    I guess I've forgotten how tiny 14 lbs is, because that cat looks HUGE compared to her!

    ReplyDelete